SASA – PUBLIC SCHOOLS 18A. Code of Conduct of Governing Body
18A. Code of conduct of governing body.
(1) The Member of the Executive Council must, by notice in the Provincial Gazette, determine a code of conduct for the members of the governing body of a public school after consultation with associations of governing bodies in that province, if applicable.
(2) The code of conduct referred to in subsection (1) must be aimed at establishing a disciplined and purposeful school environment dedicated to the improvement and maintenance of a quality governance structure at a public school.
(3) All members of a governing body must adhere to the code of conduct.
(4) The code of conduct must contain provisions of due process, safeguarding the interests of the members of the governing body in disciplinary proceedings.
(5) The Head of Department may suspend or terminate the membership of a governing body member for a breach of the code of conduct after due process.
(6) A member of the governing body may appeal to the Member of the Executive Council against a decision of a Head of Department regarding the suspension or termination of his or her membership as a governing body member.