Task 5 – Bring It All Together
1. So far in this module, you have considered, identified and noted the following:
a) Those elements and characteristics in your life that you consider important – your values.
b) Your internal strengths – those attributes and strengths you know you possess – the VIA test
c) Your external strengths – those positive traits within you that others have recognised – the RBS Exercise.
2. With the information that you have collected from all 3 areas above, carefully consider how you can include the common points into an overview / synopsis / account / summary of YOU. Otherwise known an a Personal Statement or Brand Statement. This is not a bullet-list but rather a written / prose paragraph; 4 to 5 sentences that explains
. . . . Who I am and what I stand for
Play around with the paragraph offline until you are satisfied with the wording then copy it to the Module 4 worksheet.
3.Last thing – If you had to choose a few words that encapsulates who you are, how you’d like to be thought of – what would those words be? A few examples to kick you off:
- I am what I am – Sonny the Zebra
- Attitude is everything! – Business CEORefusing to be ordinary – fashion designer
- You’ll never walk alone – LiverpoolImpossible is nothing – Adidas
- Think different – Apple
- Be the change – Gandhi
- Life’s good! – LG
- You’re in good hands – consultant/advisor
- Capturing special moments – photographerJust do it – Nike
- Because you’re worth it – L’Oreal
Your life / brand slogan is always a work in progress – so make a start; craft your ‘bumper’ sticker and copy it onto the Worksheet.