Matron-on -Duty – 06:20
SECOND BELL – Silence (lead into dining hall)
Silence to be maintained until all learners are in the dinning hall
- The matter of prayer be observed must be respectfully and tactfully handled.
- It is best to ensure that the hostel has a policy in place that is given to parents prior to admission to the hostel
- The school hostel still fall under the control of the Education Department with the principal being accountable for what happens in the Hostel.
For the purpose of order the Teacher-in-Charge or the Matron-on-Duty will ring a bell for silence and soon after that for the prayer.
- The choice on who does the prayer is determine by the hostel policy dictated the observance of this practice in the public domain.
- Again this topic must be seen in a sensitive light and must the rights of the parent and child as enshrined in our constitution be respected.
Medicine – Before the end of breakfast all the learners need to collect their medication from the matron.
- All issuing of medication must be recorded to avoid under or over medication taking place
- Keeping a record allow the matron to inform the parents if in the case of chronic medication, that a refill is needed.
- Where learners are using medication for ADHD it is especially important that the Matron or teacher-on-duty is vigilant. Some learners wish to avoid the taking of this type of medication because of the side effects.
- To be advise that any side effects from medication to be reported to the parent as soon as it becomes evident.