Duties and responsibilities of Information Officer
- An information officer’s responsibilities include—
- the encouragement of compliance, by the body, with the conditions for the lawful processing of personal information;
- dealing with requests made to the body pursuant to this Act;
- working with the Regulator in relation to investigations conducted pursuant to Chapter 6 in relation to the body;
- otherwise ensuring compliance by the body with the provisions of this Act; and
- as may be prescribed.
- Officers must take up their duties in terms of this Act only after the responsible party has registered them with the Regulator.
Designation and delegation of deputy information officers
- such a number of persons, if any, as deputy information officers as is necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities as set out in section 55(1) of this Act; and
- any power or duty conferred or imposed on an information officer by this Act to a deputy information officer of that public or private body.